Here you may search or filter our database of films recommended for classroom use by Duke and UNC Faculty. Film postings include related NCSOS Essential Standards, when applicable.
If you prefer, click here to view our complete listing of films.
We regularly add new films, so check back with us often.
Classroom Film Grants: Interested in purchasing one of these films for your classroom? The Consortium welcomes proposals from teachers across North Carolina seeking support for media resources that deepen their students’ understanding of the Middle East and North Africa. Please complete the Classroom Film Grant Application in full, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Open to K-12 and community college educators in public schools in North Carolina
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis
- Teachers may receive only one grant per year
- Films must be selected from our film database If you have suggestions of films to add to the database, please email email@example.com.
- Funds are meant for film purchases and relevant materials only
- Grant funds are awarded as reimbursements to teachers
- A final grant report will be required at the end of the academic year in which the grant is awarded
*Note: When searching by NCSCOS Standards, include periods and no spacing for the best results. For example: WH.H.8.2